Monday, September 20, 2010

Live life to the fullest: Priyanka Chopra

Priyanka Chopra, one of the most sought after Gen X stars on screen, has been paired for the first time with youth icon Ranbir Kapoor in Anjaana Anjaani. And though both were excited to work with one another, they were technically anjaanas with each other until the shooting began.

Priyanka says, "Over the course of the film we got to know each other well. I respect Ranbir as an actor. He's very easy going and is so comfortable with who he is that he makes it easy for you to do your thing."

She is super excited with the release just around the corner. " Anjaana Anjaani is a fun, young film. It's a classic love story, one that we haven't seen in a long time. But more than anything, it's a film that inspires you to live your life to the fullest. The film came at a point in my life when I was feeling like a bit of a loner. Suddenly and instantly, I bonded with the whole crew and made such great friends, something I didn't expect to happen. It was super-duper fun."

This is the second time Priyanka's working with Sajid Nadiadwala. "In some ways it was like coming home. I worked with him at the very start of my career and since then he has always had this very big brother vibe for me. He is a Bollywood veteran with immense knowledge of how things work and how to get things to work, a producer who backs his films with everything that he's got, and I am always excited to work with Nadiadwala Grandson Entertainment," adds the actress.

She didn't think she would be part of the film. "When I first met Siddharth ( Anand – the director), the way things went, I wasn't sure that he wanted me to be part of the film. That's how we are with each other — constantly at loggerheads! But creatively, he is someone I respect. He has a superb sense of urban romance and urban lifestyles. He also has a very contemporary take on telling a romantic story which is somehow rooted in Indian-ness which is why his films connect so well with audiences."

Priyanka's look in the film has already become a trendsetter with girls across the city sporting the ripped and torn rugged look. She gives all credit to Manish Malhotra. "He is a pure genius. It's a very girly look but it also is a bit eclectic in keeping with the frame of mind that my character Kiara is in at the time."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin