Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Yes, I have a small ‘kamina’ in me

Shahid loosens up in a fun Q&A session

It’s official folks… SPK is a bigger star than SRK, going by the standards of making one wait that is. On Saturday, SPK, i.e. Shahid Pankaj Kapur, made the media jing-bang wait for a whole three hours before he finally appeared sipping a cola, wearing a relaxed pair of denims, white fitted tee and a sporty jacket.

“I apologise for making you wait, was tied up with urgent work,” he tried to make up.

Guess he thought we were all pretty free, with no urgent work. Anyway, ‘We forgive thee’ is all we could say before moving on… to getting him to comment on a variety of subjects, with ‘Kaminey’, of course, topping the list.

On ‘Kaminey’
It’s my most challenging role. I play a double role, twin brothers, one henpecked and the other notorious. Both despise each other. Priyanka is the love interest of the henpecked one. As paths cross, a saga of adultery, distrust and craving begins.

On being a ‘kamina’ (a rogue) in real life
Well, I guess there is a little bit of ‘kamina’ in all of us. We are all humans and no one is perfect... yes, I have a small ‘kamina’ in me, a very small one but.

His look in the movie
The nice guy is called Guddu and he lisps. He is wearing kurtas and loose shirts and has a clean shave. Charlie is the notorious twin and his style is more contemporary with fitted tees and denims. He has stubble. I have worked on my body very hard, almost for a year and it shows in the scene where I am running bare-chested with horses!

His style quotient
On screen it’s what the character demands. I don’t care if I look good or bad clothes wise or feel comfortable when asked to wear something that justifies the character. But off it, comfort is the topmost priority. Jeans and tees mostly. I am obsessed with jackets - sporty, leather, blazers - I have them all (guess he picked this blue one just out of the blue!).

On not walking the ramp lately
Because everyone there is 6 feet and above. My height stopped at 5 feet 10 inches. (Guess he didn’t see SRK do it at 5 ft 8 inches lately!).

On Priyanka coming to tie him a rakhi
(Laughing) Well, if any girl, apart from my sisters, comes to tie me a rakhi, it means my career has gone ‘Dhan-tan-nan’ (meant, down the drain)... so I’ll feel really bad if Priyanka tied me one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin