Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Update: Kunal’s hot new look

Tall, dark and handsome, Kunal Kapoor is all set to bare his newly acquired buffed up bod in his upcoming superhero flick Doga.

Kunal used to be a gangly looking chap before he took off his shirt for his new role as a superhero.

Directed by Anurag Kashyap, Doga is synonymous with hindi comic book readers across the country. Kunal has been working hard to acquire the superhero look, “Along with sweating it out in the gym, I’ve been training in Parkour, also known as free running, it helps in providing me agility and stamina.”

Kunal’s diet consists of boiled chicken, boiled egg whites, salad (mostly cabbage) with practically no salt, cooked or tossed in minimal oil. “The results are all to see, its been tough but I had to acquire the right look before I stepped into those big shoes,” he added.







Along with Parkour and a healthy diet, Kunal is also training intensively in the Kerala martial arts form Kalaripayattu. Kunal said, “If you’ve read Doga, you’ll see that he is literally twice my size, thus building up my physique was of top most priority. When Anurag offered me the role, I didn’t know the type of phenomenon Doga was but after checking out the net and the type of feedback I received I was blown away. I cant wait to sink my teeth into the role,” Kunal said ecstatically.

Anurag has described Doga as his most ambitious project yet; and he will actually undergo a special training in the USA before he embarks on this technically advanced film. Doga is an Antihero character appearing in Raj Comics, published and distributed across India. Doga's beliefs are in ‘Killing the problem, instead of solving it.’ Doga is considered to be the 2nd most popular character created by Raj comics due to his huge fan following after Nagraj.

We can’t wait to follow the next superhero in town what say?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin