Saturday, October 9, 2010

"Please call me Aishwarya"

It seems that Aishwarya Rai is tired of people calling her by the nickname "Ash" and has requested them to call her by her full name.

"When I joined the industry, people initially used to say they have difficulty in pronouncing my name, so they started calling me ‘Ash'. But now, it has been years and I guess, everyone can pronounce it properly," Aishwarya said.

"So I would appreciate it if you people address me by my name - Aishwarya," she added.

The model-turned-actress walked the ramp for designer Manish Malhotra at the ongoing HDIL-India Couture Week in Mumbai and thanked her husband Abhishek for bringing the name issue into focus.

It is believed that Abhishek had recently requested some journalists to refer to Aishwarya by her full name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin