Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Anil's 24 act has found him fans

Anil Kapoor series 24 gets wows from Sachin Tendulkar and Mithunda

Anil Kapoor's 24 act has found him fans in Sachin Tendulkar and Mithun Chakraborty.
The eighth and final season of the popular American TV show, featuring the actor in a recurring role as Omar Hassan, president of the Republic of Kamistan has got B-Town abuzz.

A source close to Anil says, "Sachin Tendulkar has been a fan of the series and has been following it for a long time. He recently met Anil at Mukesh Ambani's residence over dinner and congratulated him on his performance. Sachin told the actor that he was completely bowled over by his performance! And added that he followed the serial only to watch Anil now. AK himself was overwhelmed by Sachin's warmth and admiration."

Says Mithun, "Anil was mesmerising in 24! My wife (Yogita Bali) follows the serial everyday but I am not a regular follower but when I saw him for the first time I was stunned! I couldn't wait, so I sent him a message in jest, early the next morning, asking him where he learned to act so well! He is a fantastic actor. I was so moved by Anil's performance that when he was shot in an episode I had tears in my eyes."

Mithun adds that he's always found Anil to be a very hard-working actor. "I used to teach him in Roshan Taneja's classes. He always gave his 100 per cent."

Anil says, "I was shocked when Mithun messaged me. He was like my teacher and he taught me movement. I have got great foreign reviews and praise from Abhishek, Aishwarya and Sachin but Mithun is special and praise from him moved me the most. I know him from the time he came from Kolkata as Gouranga, then he became known as Mithun the actor in Mrigaya, the star and finally, a superstar."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin