Monday, September 6, 2010

Aamir wants to go back to the 1950s-60s

Aamir Khan is so fond of films of the 1950s-60s that he wishes he was an actor in that era.

"To me the 1950s-60s were the golden period of Indian cinema. During that time the creative talents be it director, actor, lyricists, composers, writers and in every department used to be excellent," Aamir told reporters at PVR Phoenix Mill in Mumbai, where he came to attended the screening of 'Teesri Manzil' at the Purani Jeans Film Festival organized by Radio Mirchi.

"I think that people during that time were more passionate about filmmaking," he said.

"All old films I see, I feel that I should have worked in them. 'Teesri Manzil', 'Guide' and the list is unending. They are so fantastically made. I wish I was born during that period," he added

"In every period of time different kind of talent has come in Indian cinema. So it's quite difficult to compare one period of cinema with the other," Aamir continued.

"I don't think that now there is any dearth of talent. It often happens that we like older things, as there is a nostalgia value. But I think that talent at that time was really special. But today's talent, like me, is privileged and proud to belong to this lineage of talented people," said Aamir.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin