Thursday, August 26, 2010

"Karan is more than a brother"

Kajol doesn't believe in rakhi as she feels "bonds are made from the heart". And the actress says filmmaker Karan Johar is more than a brother to her.

"The definition of a friend is somebody you choose and not somebody you are born with really. I think Karan is my friend for centuries and generations and lifetimes I feel. I always felt that connection with him. He is more than a brother. It's a unique fantastic friendship that I am very grateful to have in my life," Kajol said.

Kajol has played the lead actress in three of the four films Karan has directed - 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai' (1998), 'Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham' (2001) and 'My Name Is Khan' (2010).

The actress will be seen playing a key role in Karan's next production 'We Are Family' as well.

While Kajol doesn't believe in rakhi, the festival that symbolises the affection and love between brothers and sisters, she encourages her seven-year-old daughter Nysa to tie rakhis (decorative threads) on her cousins' wrists.

"I don't believe in rakhi. I believe that bonds are made from the heart...Yes rakhi is a great way to reaffirm that but I don't think that if you don't have a rakhi, it makes you any less of a friend...less of a relationship," said Kajol.

The actress, who is expecting her second child with actor husband Ajay Devgn in October, doesn't have a brother but will celebrate the festival of rakhi with a get-together at home.

"I don't have any brothers. Yes, my whole family is going to get together. My daughter has seven cousin brothers and they are all coming over and I think we are going to have a little bit of a party," said Kajol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin