Sunday, August 22, 2010

Deepika Padukone reveals her 'extreme ambitions'

She is young and raring to go. Deepika Padukone says she is hardly content with what she does and even though she has managed seven films in her three-year-old Bollywood career, she wants a lot more.

"I live life on my own terms. I have certain goals that I have set for myself, I want to achieve those goals and I expect a lot from myself. I'm extremely ambitious and I will not stop for anything or anybody. I am a go-getter and I am very rarely satisfied with what I do," Deepika said.

The 24-year-old, who was at the Radio Mirchi 98.3 FM studio in new Delhi to promote her film 'Lafangey Parindey', says she may have achieved a lot of success in no time, but it motivates her to continue doing good work.

"It is still the beginning for me. I have just done around seven films. So there is a lot more that I want to do, a lot more films, work with a lot of directors, give a lot of hit films and get hit songs to my credit which I can perform to later. I know I have come a long way from where I started, but still I have a lot to achieve," she said.

Deepika, the daughter of legendary badminton ace Prakash Padukone, stepped into showbiz as a model and started her movie career with the Kannada movie 'Aishwarya' in 2006, after which she made a dream debut in Bollywood opposite Shah Rukh Khan in Farah Khan's 'Om Shanti Om'.

She followed up the success of her first film with 'Bachna Ae Haseeno', 'Love Aaj Kal' and 'Housefull'.

She is seen as a blind woman in her just released 'Lafangey Parindey'.

"What the film is going to do for me professionally, I will have to see after it releases and stays in theatres for a while. For now, the only thing I know is that it has been the most challenging film for me physically, mentally and emotionally," said Deepika who plays Pinky, a visually challenged girl with an ability to dance on skates.

Up next after this Pradeep Sarkar film will be a tough phase for Deepika as two of her awaited projects - Danish Aslam's romantic comedy 'Break Ke Baad' and Ashutosh Gowariker's period drama 'Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey' - will release at a space of one week.

"My next film is 'Break Ke Baad' with Imran Khan. It will release in the last week of November, and exactly a week after that, it will be time for 'Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey' on Dec 3...tough time"," said Deepika.

Her 'Break Ke Baad' is a romantic comedy while in 'Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey', Deepika will portray the role of revolutionary activist Kalpana Dutta, who took part in the Chittagong uproar for Indian independence in the 1930s.

The film is said to be based on the book 'Do And Die' by Manini Chatterjee, the daughter-in-law of Kalpana Dutta, and Deepika will sport a sari-clad, non-glamorous look in the film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin