Sunday, August 8, 2010

Aamir Khan wants whoever he deals with to make money

Aamir Khan's last three films have raked in big money, proving that one doesn't need massive budgets to make a blockbuster and the ideology behind it is simple - he wants everyone associated with the movie to make money.

"It has to be win-win for everyone. My sense would be, as a creative person I would like to take that responsibility to make sure that the film is not top heavy and everyone earns," Aamir told NDTV in an interview.

"That's a policy I have followed all along is that when I do business with someone, so whether it's a distributor or whether I am an actor or it's the producer I am concerned with, whoever I deal with... should make money when they deal with me," he said.

Aamir, 45, is a filmmaker and has invested wisely in movies like 'Lagaan', 'Taare Zameen Par', 'Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na'. All of them went on to become hits at the box office.

Not just that, as an actor, his last three releases - 'Taare Zameen Par', 'Ghajini' and '3 Idiots' have made quite a bit of moolah at the box-office with 'Ghajini' being sold at Rs.60 crore.

"I got very nervous when 'Ghajini' was sold at a very high price because I feel that we shouldn't go... This race is mad. I am basically a very middle class kind of person and I feel that so much money is at stake and people are going to lose money," said Aamir.

"I feel very stressed about that and I feel that there is no need to do that. When a film is good the upside will come to you," he added.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin