Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Kajol: I love my life the way it is

On the occasion of Women's Day, Complete Wellbeing features the popular actress Kajol on their cover page. In the interview Kajol reveals her thoughts on how women are different for men, women's role in the family unit, and what health means to her. Asked about fulfillment, she vehemently declares, "I love my life the way it is".

The effervescent actor gives a unique and little-known insight into what makes her tick and her source of inner strength-a perspective.

Some excerpts from the interview:



What is your perception of your self? Do you see yourself as a happy person?
My perception changes daily. On certain days, I am happy, energetic, confident and on some others, I am not. Every day, you eventually strive to be whatever you wish to be. And I think it's an on-going struggle for everybody. Nobody is completely balanced, completely happy or completely sad. I think it's really a struggle every day to be as complete a human being as you can. And isn't that the beauty of life?

What's health to you?
To me, mental health and mental peace is more important than physical fitness. If you accept yourself and feel good about it, you will remain fit. Whether you are fat or thin, short or tall, dark or fair-at the end of the day it does not really matter as long as you like yourself, accept yourself. What matters is how you are on the inside. At the core we are all energy. This energy is beyond definitions. It is intangible and cannot be described. As long as we know that this part of us is healthy, we are healthy. That is what I believe is being truly healthy.

Do you mean to say physical attributes don't matter?
I think most people are too hard on themselves about their bodies. But I think it's not such a big deal. It's really OK to be a little overweight. You do not have to be a perfect 36-24-36 to feel happy, If you are fat and are happy with yourself, then who says you're fat? Come to think of it, weight is a factor of the gravitational force. If there was no gravity on earth, we would not know the meaning of overweight or underweight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin