Monday, May 26, 2008

Govinda meets KKR, but not SRK

Govinda was in Kolkata recently for the shoot of his movie Garam Chai and was residing in the same hotel as the Shah Rukh Khan and his Kolkata Knight Riders.

During his stay, he met all the players of SRK’s team but didn’t make the effort to visit Shah Rukh Khan who was staying in the same hotel, Sonar Bangla.

According to a unit member, “On arriving in Kolkata, Govinda directly went on to his sets of the film.

After his pack up later that evening, the actor-turned-MP went to his hotel and heard about the Kolkata team staying at the same hotel. On an impulse, Govinda decided to go meet the players and wish them good luck.”

Although SRK was at the same hotel with Gauri, Govinda didn’t bother to meet him and chose to hang out with the players instead. Shah Rukh was residing in the Presidential suite, which was on the same floor as Govinda’s Queen suite.

When contacted, Govinda admits, “I was in Kolkata for a day for my shoot. When I returned to the hotel, I was informed about Shah Rukh and his team being present at the same hotel. I met a few players but missed SRK, as he had already left.

The next day, on my way back, Knight Riders and I were in the same flight. It was then that I had an official encounter with them and wished them luck.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin