Saturday, November 4, 2006

Working in Bollywood can be quite painful

Working in Bollywood can be quite painful. We're speaking literally. Bearing testimony to this fact is Dino Morea. The actor has been shooting without a break of late, with a fractured hand.

Dino broke his left arm when he fell down while playing a game of basketball at the American school in Bandra-Kurla Complex. However, since he had already committed dates to Vikram Bhatt's Life Mein Kabhi Kabhi, Dino had to shoot with his cast on. To conceal the cast, Dino either wears a coat while shooting, or covers the cast on his arm with a shirt.

"I got very hurt very badly three days back while playing basketball. I fell down while playing, and landed on my wrist. I tore some ligaments along my left arm, along with fracturing my wrist bone. It was really painful. When I was taken to the hospital, the doctor immediately put a cast on my hand," explains Dino.

It certainly isn't easy to shoot with a plastered hand. Dino says, "It is very painful and I am having a really hard time. The problem is that I cannot move my left hand at all. I have to execute all gestures using only my right hand. Thankfully, my role requires me to dress formally and so I can wear a long coat to hide the cast on my hand. It will take about three weeks for it to heal. But I am thinking of speaking with my doctor to see if we can figure out a way to remove the cast sooner."

For the moment, sports has, of course, taken a backseat in Dino's life. "I have always been very passionate about two sports, soccer and basketball. I play with my set of friends and will continue to do so, as soon as the cast is off. In fact, I was feeling bad that I could not continue the match after I got injured," Dino says.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin