Wednesday, November 8, 2006

VIVAH is a simple film about 2 sensibilities coming together

Sooraj Barjatya's VIVAH starring Shahid Kapur and Amrita Rao deals with the concept of arranged marriage. It beautifully captures myriad moments cherished by a couple from engagement to marriage.

"VIVAH is a simple film about 2 sensibilities coming together and discovering each other to an extent that they know more about each other than themselves. It's going back to innocence for me. This film is based on a real life story and like all my films; VIVAH also has an emotional climax. It is my toughest film so far," enthuses Barjatya.

The role of Poonam seems tailor made for the beautiful Amrita Rao who plays a coy, demure bride in VIVAH. She is overwhelmed at the opportunity of working with Rajshri Productions. "VIVAH is God's gift to me. My long cherished childhood dream of working with Sooraj ji has been fulfilled," says Amrita.

And what is her take on love marriage v/s arranged marriage? "I think marriage is the most important decision of life. It's really not about love or arranged marriage. One needs to spend adequate time with the person, know him/her completely and faith in your partner is ofcourse very important," opines Amrita.

Barjatya's quintessential Prem is back but this time around it's Shahid Kapur. Playing Prem was an honour and a responsibility he says. "I had many questions in my mind when Sooraj ji narrated the script to me. The film is about arranged marriage, a concept very alien to a 25-year-old guy like me. I mean I've never formally met a girl for a 'rishta' or ever had that kind of a meeting in my life, though I've seen it around me in my family and friend circle. But that's about it."

"VIVAH traces the journey from engagement to marriage, an area completely untouched today. I'm sure after seeing the film people would identify with it. They'll be like 'Oh! This has happened to me or this is what I told you the first time we met," adds an elated Shahid.

Well we believe you Shahid...

The film is a heart-warming story of commitment and unconditional love and will take you through many magical moments.

VIVAH releases on 10th November.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin