Saturday, November 4, 2006

"I have decided to take a break," says Preity Zinta

When asked about the latest controversy about her boyfriend Ness Wadia, beating up some security guards recently, Preity Zinta firmly says, "No comments."

"I don't want to comment on this because I think if I talk it will only get undue importance," she adds, for good measure.

What Preity does want to talk about is her holiday. After living out of a suitcase for a year, Preity Zinta has decided to apply the brakes on her hectic schedule. And not without reason. The interiors of her house are yet unfinished and her friends are complaining of her constant absence.

The actress is currently shooting for Shaad Ali's Jhoom Barabar Jhoom. We met her during the lunch break at Yashraj Studios. "I have decided to take a break," says Preity Zinta. "I need some time to do up my house. I have been planning to work on the interiors of my house for the last one year but I got so tied up with my assignments that I couldn't devote time to it. But now I have my priorities very clear. After Shaad's film I will take a break and complete all pending work. I will not sign anything new."

The film is scheduled to wind up by December and Preity's holiday will begin from January next year.

Preity grumbles that she has been travelling and working round-the-clock. "I need to chill for a while. I want to meet my friends and spend time with them. You need to rejuvenate and start afresh sometimes in life," she says.

So what's a 'long' holiday according to Preity? "Three weeks," she replies cheerfully. "After that it will be back to work as usual. I have couple of interesting projects lined up for next year and I am sure that it's going to be as hectic as ever," she says.

A few days ago, Preity met Prince Andrew, the Duke of York and was pleasantly surprised by his sense of humour. "It was a great experience. He is a very elegant man and thanks to him we got a lunch break. Otherwise we would be shooting through it!" she laughs.

In the recent photograph with Prince Andrew, she looked much slimmer than usual, didn't she? "Oh, come on, I have not lost any weight. It's Akki Narula's costume that makes me look great. I am the same Preity people have been watching for years now," she laughs.

Coming back to Jhoom Barabar Jhoom, Preity says, "Shaad and I are working together after eight years. We did Dil Se together. He is a very sincere and dedicated guy to work with. I am also working with Bobby Deol after a very long time," she says.

Preity's last release Jaan-E-Mann failed to create any impact at the box-office. Does that disappoint her? "It's true that the film didn't open to rave reviews, but I guess it will pick up slowly. I don't count numbers. I work in a film, if I like the subject. It was fun working with Shirish Kunder and I have no regrets about it," she says.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin