Tuesday, November 7, 2006

I did the 'Yeh mera dil' song in Don only because of Shah Rukh, Kareena

Kareena Kapoor's ultimate dream is to do a full-on love story with Shah Rukh Khan. Says Kareena, "Frankly speaking, I did the 'Yeh mera dil' song in Don only because of Shah Rukh. My ultimate wish is to do a love story with Shah Rukh. When Farhan Akhtar offered me the song I wondered if doing a guest appearance was right for me. But the temptation for doing a song with Shah Rukh got the better of me."

And now Kareena is glad she did the song. She adds, "It got me noticed. My niece Samaira has become my biggest fan. She dances to the song. And the minute she sees me, she starts singing it."

Although Kareena is listening to scripts every day she has given her nod to only two new projects. She says, "I can't do run-of-the-mill films any more. I've done enough films without conviction. And it shows in my performances. Unlike my sister Karisma, who could look convincing in any role, I've to be convinced to look convincing. That's why I've said yes to only two films Mani Rathnam's Lajjo and Zoya Akhtar's forthcoming film."

Mani's film has been pushed forward from January 2007 to April 2007. "Mani needed more time to prepare after Guru. So I've more time to prepare," says Kareena.

She's highly excited about working with a female director for the first time. "Can you believe, in five years of my career I've never worked with a woman director? I came close to working with Deepa Mehta once. But that's it. So I'm really looking forward to working with Zoya Akhtar."

About her pairing with Hrithik Roshan in Zoya's film, Kareena is nonchalant. "It was the script and not the co-star that determined my decision to do Zoya's film. I agree Hrithik and I have failed as a pair in some films. But that's because the scripts failed. I've never believed in a steady co-star. That's why I've worked with everyone from Ajay Devgan in Omkara to Rahul Bose in Chameli."

Talk of Omkara brightens Kareena. "It's one film I'm truly proud of. I'm looking forward to working with Vishal Bharadwaj again. He's one of those rare directors who knew how to tap into my potential. I need directors like Vishal and Mani Ratnam to come forward and give me a chance. That's why I've taken a long break to get my act together. I don't want to look back on my career with any regrets."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin