Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A coy-and-a-session with Neha Dhupia

Source: DNAIndia
She's packed up shooting for the day for Apoorva Lakhia's Shootout at Lokhandwala. She lives alone. Right now, her parents and cousins are in town from Delhi . Rachana Dubey grills Ms Dhupia

What's this Hollywood commercial that you've done?
I haven't shot for it yet. I don't know who's spreading this misinformation. Talks are on with the producers. I've only promoted Police watches in Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad. We're planning promotions in Mumbai as well.

What have you been busy with?
I've just completed Ek Chalis Ki Last Local with Abhay Deol .. and Mithiya with Naseeruddin Shah and Ranvir Shorey. After Shootout and Delhi Heights I will start on Dus Kahaniyan.

How do you look back on Priyadarshan's Chup Chup Ke?
With satisfaction. I'm remembered for my salwar-suit-bindi look in the film. Of the 13 characters, Rajpal Yadav got the most attention.

Why have you been avoiding any comments on your film Utthan?
Utthan? I'd prefer to stay tight-lipped on it for reasons best known to me.

You once said that you don't want to do any more love making scenes. Do you mean that?
Of course, I do.

Then, how come you're doing nude and love making scenes in Hot opposite Parvin Dabas?
What rubbish! I'm not doing any such film. Who told this? You must have got this from the internet. I've done such scenes in the past, I've learnt from my mistakes. Today I'm into glamorous roles but not skin flicks.

Which are the most difficult steamy scenes you've shot?
Julie was tough. I did such scenes in Sheesha too.. but Julie was tougher. I was doing them for the first time. I cringe when I think of those scenes.. I won't do them any more. But it's a perforamnce I'm proud of.

You've also had problems with your secretary Bhola Malviya.
I never held back his money. He was making false claims. None of what he said was correct. I wouldn't have become rich overnight by holding back his money. Fortunately my current secretary, Goldie, is not like him at all.

Are you going back to the south movies?
I did my first movie Ninney Ishta Paddaanu in Telegu. I want to go back to the south sometime. When, I don't know.

What if you hadn't won the Miss India title four years ago?
Before the Miss India contest, I was studying for my IAS exams. I was also thinking of joining journalism. If I hadn't won the title, who knows, I could have been a bureaucrat in some government department.

What's the update on your good friend Ritwik Bhattacharya?
He's my friend of 11 years. He's India's most famous squash player. There's nothing cooking between us.

And Amrish Kumar?
He's fashion designer Ritu Kumar's son. He's also my friend from my Delhi days. We know each other quite well. But we're not seeing each other. In fact, there's no man in my life.Honestly if there was someone I'd be the first to talk about him. I would never hide my relationship. I've been open about everything I've done.

Would you marry someone from the film industry?
No, never. I 'd rather stay single than marry someone from this line of work. Not that I've anything against filmi men but I don't see myself finding a life partner here. I've never been attracted to any of my co-stars. Mixing work and pleasure is a strict no-no for me.

On a secluded island, whom would you like for company?
Will Smith. The reasoon being he's extrmely funny. He would have me in splits all the time. I wouldn't be bored for a moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin