Friday, September 22, 2006

Vidya Balan on Rendezvous with Simi Garewal

She gave an award winning performance in Parineeta and matched up her acting skills in Lage Raho Munnabhai. Now she will be seen on the small screen on none other than the Rendezvous with Simi Garewal show.

In a special half hour episode, Vidya tells Simi about her modest upbringing, her teenage crush on Satyajit Ray, the countless performance tests she was put through, before she was finalized to play the role of Lolita in Parineeta and the naughty pranks that were played on her, on the sets of Lage Raho Munnabhai. She also talks about her spiritual side, discussing her deep faith in God. Simi reveals on the show that not only is Vidya a talented actress but is also a trained singer. She humbly agrees to Simi’s request and sings “Piyu Bole” melodiously on the show! Tune in to this heartwarming rendezvous with Vidya Balan this Sunday, on Star World.

Chat transcript

Simi:
Overnight you have admirers. Do you feel that Mein to nahin badli but everybody else has changed towards me?
Vidya: Yes, I feel that the perceptions of people have changed, but you really don't change.

Simi: How does your family feel now?
Vidya: They are very proud. I think post Lage Raho Munnabhai, a lot more people recognise me. Within a week, I can see the change.

Simi: Do you have the capacity of being tough?
Vidya: I'm very stubborn. If I have set my heart on something then I'll go all out to make sure I give it my best shot.

Simi: Are you tough in dealing with people?
Vidya: I am learning to say 'No'! And I realize that I'm ruffling quite a few feathers. But you can't always say yes!

Simi: Do you feel you are the chosen one?
Vidya: When we want things to happen in a certain way and they don't, we think that's the end of the world. But I'm a diehard optimist. I believe that all happens for the best.

Simi: You spend a lot of time in the temple.
Vidya: We've always been taught to pray and to believe that there's a supernatural guiding force which is responsible for everything. But I don't think anyone from my family is much into it. They all pray for sure, even if it's on the bed. But I spend a lot of time.

Simi: What gives you such deep faith?
Vidya: I think it's a combination of what I have read and the experiences that people have had. I have seen great things happening to people. When you surrender, it's beautiful. You realise you're not the doer. I don't think any of us are doing anything. We're just playing out God's plan!

Simi: What type of a relationship do you have with God?
Vidya: I think the guy up there is in each one of us.

Simi: Do you talk to him?
Vidya: All the time! Prayer is a self-fulfilling process. When you genuinely want something, like Paulo Coelho said, 'The Universe conspires to get it for you'. Where there is doubt, it won't happen.

Simi: Has your faith ever wavered?
Vidya: Not much any longer. But there were times when I used to be a very badly behaved teenager! But somewhere faith took over and I've been calmer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin