Tuesday, November 6, 2007

After Ritesh Deshmukh, another politician's son enters filmdom

Ritesh Deshmukh is an inspiration for all politicians' sons who want to make it big in the film world. Son of minister Ram Vilas Paswan, Chirag is all set to enter the world of glitterati. This new entrant in Bollywood is confident, that though he has an influential dad to support him, he is adamant to make it big with his own talent.

This 25-year old boy has always been attracted to our cine- duniya , and his first movie will be produced by television actor Anuj Saxena. Confident about his acting debut Chirag says, "Acting was my dream since I was a kid. I always wanted to be an actor. Today I feel very lucky and proud to be a part of the industry now."

Speaking about his debut film, Chirag says, "The script is still being readied, once they are done with that, they will decide who the director will be. We are planning to release it in 2009."

A computer engineer, Chirag doesn't have any acting experience. Neither has he undergone rigorous training. "But I'll be enrolling myself in an acting class soon, as I think I need to polish myself a bit. Otherwise acting is an inborn talent, and I think I have it in me."

So was his entry into Bollywood all thanks to his powerful politician father? "I'll not shy away and say that it doesn't help to be the son of a known man. In fact it helps a lot. Yes, the entry has been easy because I am someone's son, but sustaining is going to be the hard part. Everything depends on your potential and caliber."

But wouldn't a politician's son want to sit on the politician's chair some day instead of sizzling on screen? What kept him away from politics? Chirag replies. "I've never said no to politics. In future, I will get into politics too. There are very few lucky people who can work for their country. I would like to contribute my efforts towards my country, too and that I will someday."

Reshma Kelkar, Indiatimes Movies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin