Saturday, August 15, 2009

Kaminey ka Dil Bole Hadippa

Shahid is on a roll these days, lapping up all critical acclaim for the most difficult and the finest performance of his career in Kaminey. He tells that he will start shooting for his father's film and has many releases lined up for this year.

The much-loved promos of Kaminey are still on air, there is a good buzz about Dil Bole Hadippa and he has unveiled his new short-haired look for his YRF film with Anushka Sharma. Isn’t that too much of Shahid all of a sudden? “We had planned it that way, to surprise people with absolutely different looks,” replies the actor. He will be busy promoting Kaminey over the weekend as the buzz has to be sustained due to the delay caused by Swine Flu.

Kaminey was a big risk for him. “I just hope people don’t find it boring and the movie does well because that will give me the confidence to try out new things and take risks,” he says.

Kaminey is his first release in a year, following Kismat Konnection but he has at least three releases this year. “Dil Bole Hadippa will release next month, Ken Ghosh’s dance film is also ready and they are looking for a suitable date for Paathshala because it is a children’s film. My special appearance in the film lasts about 30 minutes and I am not the lead of the film. So that could release around vacation time this year.”

Regarding his pairing with Genelia and the older Rani Mukerji, he says, “I have a very positive feeling about Genelia and me. We make a good pair on screen. I always knew Rani Mukerji was older than me but we make a good pair and it was required for the role. Contrary to popular belief, I don’t interfere with the casting of the heroine unless the director is my friend and asks for my opinion.”

Shahid will also go to receive his Rajiv Gandhi award which is a matter of honour because only senior actors receive it. At only 28, Shahid is the youngest recipient for his subtle yet sparkling performance in Jab We Met. “I am honoured. What more can I say? I didn’t expect it at all so early on in my career. I had to shoot in Bangkok around August 18 but that has been re-scheduled and I will be going to Delhi to receive my award.”

Lastly, Shahid is finally going to start shooting for his father Pankaj Kapur’s film. “Once I wrap up Parmeet’s film with Anushka, I start shooting for Dad’s film which will release next year," signs off the heartthrob.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin