Monday, October 22, 2007

Vidya Balan's new look

Bollywood actress Vidya Balan, known for her charmingly traditional looks in her films, has undergone a complete makeover and says that it is a result of her self-realisation to look good.

Nobody has ever asked me to lose weight. Earlier, I was focusing only on getting the character right, on-screen. But, lately, I realised that actors owe a responsibility to look good in every character they play,” explains Vidya.

The svelte actress, also sporting a new haircut these days, said her new look is all for her upcoming film Luck Charm. “Recently, I was in Toronto for two months. I used to plug in my iPod and go for long walks that helped me shape up. Isn’t it a lovely way to de-stress yourself,” she asks.

Oozing dollops of confidence, Vidya says that she is an eternal optimist whose fan following always brings a smile on her face. “There are times when you feel low. However, I am an optimist and my fans give me a high. They bring a smile on my face and then I forget all the bad times,” she says.

“I am one of those lucky ones who have the opportunity to do what they love the most — to act. And when your fans appreciate your work, what else can one ask for,” she adds.

Commenting on the struggle that she went through to find a foothold in the industry, the actress says: “Struggle is a part of everyone’s life, but that’s ok! After all, the person I am today is because of that only. Also, the prayers of my parents, family members and well wishers have helped me become a strong woman possessing lots of will power,” she says.

The actress, who started her film career with Pradeep Sarkar’s Parineeta, is bowled over by the response she is getting for her new film. “In the last couple of days, I have received loads of messages praising my acting. I think after Parineeta and Lage Raho Munna Bhai, it is now that I have got this kind of a response. It is unbelievable and overwhelming.”

The actress, whose forthcoming projects include Delhi 6 and Halla Bol, wants to continue enacting different kinds of roles. “As an actor, I want to continually play varied roles. The only condition is that I should be able to justify whatever I do.” And, if you have seen her recent film, you know what she is talking about.

IANS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin