Monday, October 22, 2007

it hurts to see and read this all the time : Shahid

The endearing Shahid Kapoor has decided to end his silence and talk about his break-up with the ravishing Kareena Kapoor.

Disturbed by the onslaught of pictures in the media of her and the new man in her life, actor Saif Ali Khan, Shahid admitted to BT: "It will be dishonest to say that this doesn’t affect me. I am human, it hurts to see and read this all the time. I guess I have no choice but to live and deal with it."

Their movie together is ready for release this week and he says that he is hoping the audience accepts them as an onscreen couple. Just as he talks his film, he goes on to talk about his relationship with Kareena that failed.

"I hold nothing against anybody, if I do, it will pull me down, and I’m not like that. I’ll cherish the good memories of that relationship and move on. That’s what I’m doing — looking at the positive side and trying to be happy," he said sadly.

And is one of the positive sides the fact that the lover boy is single all over again? Shahid smiled coyly, "I am feeling a certain sense of independence all over again. Today, I have time to myself and can do things which maybe I always wanted to do but never could. From where I am at this point in life, things are looking up. The best part is the overwhelming affection, concern and support that people are showing. I feel special."

What went wrong between Kareena and him? Was he a possessive lover? “Love in itself is enough. It brings security. One doesn’t need to be possessive. I have never been like that,” he said, adding, “But it is below Bebo’s dignity and mine to talk about all this now. I wish her all the happiness in the world. I have great respect for her. She’s a wonderful girl.” And what about himself? “Oh, I’m very optimistic and still believe in love. You don’t plan to fall in love but, yes, I will fall in love again,” he said crinkling his eyes and beaming.

Afsana Ahmed, TNN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin