Sunday, October 14, 2007

A Conversation with Konkona Sen Sharma

Everyone is talking about Konkona Sen Sharma's outstanding performance in Laga Chunari Mein Daag (LCMD). Ram Kamal Mukherjee meets this sensational star over a cup of coffee

Ever since the promo of Laga Chunari Mein Daag hit the screen, people have been talking about the 'smooch sequence' with Kunal Kapoor. What’s your take on it?

Oh really? Well, the kissing sequence was an integral part of the film and so I did it. It was not that I was dying to do a kissing scene or a dance sequence in the film, but I didn’t want miss out on a good role by acting pricey.

You are playing the role of Rani Mukerji's younger sister in the film…

That's right. I loved the role when dada (Pradeep Sarkar) narrated the script to me. I thought the role was simple, yet had various shades. My character is called Chutki, a bubbly girl. She is aware of the fact that her family is going through some crisis and it is how she grows to be an independent woman.

You have played lead roles in many Bollywood films, why did you agree to play a glorified second fiddle in LCMD?

I would never sign any film, if I were not convinced about my role and the film in totality. I would also not be part of a film where I had nothing to do. I loved dada's Parineeta and wanted to work with him. I agree, I played a second lead, but I loved the role because of it's modern outlook. My character undergoes a change when she moves from Benaras to Mumbai to work.

Apparently, you had tears in your eyes after watching the film for the first time…

That's so unlike me. I mean I don't cry watching my own film, but I did have tears this time. It runs on a strong emotional note and fans of Pradeep Sarkar won't be disappointed. Everyone in this film has given outstanding performances. Jayadi (Bachchan) is fantastic, while Abhishek is brilliant.

Buzz18

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin