Friday, October 13, 2006

"TAG is the first watch I ever bought and now I have my signature on it," SRK

Mumbai: Anything that King Khan does has to be exclusive. Like the limited edition Shah Rukh Khan Monaco chronograph that may just be another character in the next week release, Don.


Not only is the two-in-one mechanical and digital watch priced at Rs 3 lakh, there are only 150 pieces of this timepiece, signed by Shah Rukh Khan that will be available worldwide.


"TAG is the first watch I ever bought and now I have my signature on it," Shah Rukh Khan said.


This is the first time that a specially designed watch has been incorporated in a Hindi film in such a big way and Shah Rukh had a big role to play in it.



"Yes, to my knowledge this would be the first time. As a matter of fact I like two watches of Tag and they sort of made it into one. And it seemed really apt for a film like Don and the character Vijay," Shah Rukh said.


The watch can be flipped to show a mechanical and digital aspect. But is the watch in sync with the personality of Don and Vijay?


"I don’t know. I mean Vijay doesn’t wear it, he doesn’t have it. But Don has it. In think more than the personality of Vijay and Don the watch embodies the spirit of the retro-Don," Shah Rukh said.


"The watch has the mechanism to wind it so it takes you back to the old kind of watches. And it’s very formal looking too. And then the other side has the look of the digital age, which is what we are living in. So, it embodies the classic quality of the Don of yesteryears and the look of the Don now, which is more gizmo savvy," Shah Rukh added.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin