Sunday, July 13, 2008

‘I’m the only oldie,' says Amitabh

The world tour is around the corner...
Yes, we shall be away for six weeks. And we’ll perform in UK, USA, Canada, Trinidad and Holland.

Are you pleased with the final list of performers?
Yes, there’s Akshay, Preity, Riteish, Shilpa, Madhuri, Vishal-Shekhar and their band, Shiamak’s dancers and, of course, the three of us.

How different is it performing on stage today as compared to the 1970s or 80s?
It’s frightening! Was then, is now. The whole mechanics of shows have changed. They have become technically savvy, more organised, better presented and certainly their frequency has increased. For me, individually, the clientele has aged and I wonder how the present generation will take to my presence. But I am the only oldie in the group, so thankfully I could hide behind the younger lot.

Will it be more difficult this time to live up to expectations?
Living up to expectations is always a great worry.

Are Abhishek, Aishwarya and you performing Kajra Re?
Yes, we will.

You’ve been rehearsing hard. How did you find the time?
We rehearse after the other commitments of the day are over. Mostly we are all there till past midnight.

How anxious are you about going on stage this time with your family?
I am always anxious. This time will be no different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin