Sunday, July 13, 2008

I like doing different films, says Shahid

At 27, I feel successful... I sat at home for six months after Vivaah and I used that time to make the right choices.

Two big hits in two years, Vivaah and Jab We Met , have given me a lot of confidence. And now it’s Kismat Konnection , which I’ve signed after much deliberation.

So much has been written about my personal life... But I’ve overcome all the bad times, it doesn’t affect me anymore. Now, the focus is my work.

The media is making a big deal about Vidya Balan and I... If my producers get their money’s worth from these rumours, I’m more than happy for them. They make an issue even if I’m having dinner with a co-star. What’s wrong in staying connected with your colleagues? I’m not going to give that up just because I’m written about.

Vidya and I are very comfortable with each other... We know each other really well and share good chemistry, which shows on screen. We have a couple of romantic scenes in Kismat Konnection, including one on a boat and a very touching pre-climax. I think Vidya and I look nice together.

SRK deserved the best actor award for Chak De!... I didn’t win any awards this year, though I was nominated for the best actor at all the award ceremonies. But that doesn’t make me sad because I’ve won an audience after Jab We Met. It’s not always necessary that a good performance has to fetch an award.

You might soon see me doing a film like Taare Zameen Par... While I like doing different films, I’m not for mindless entertainment. Nor am I going to do ‘intellectual’ films, which even I can’t sit through. My focus now is to do sensible entertainment people can relate to — like TZP. I’m happy doing love stories but I need to strike a balance hereafter. I’ll be starting off with Kameene by Vishal Bhardwaj, after which I’m doing my dad Pankaj Kapur’s project.

Big banners don’t guarantee success... I won’t do a film just because it’s by a top banner. What works for someone else might not work for you. I will sign a film only if the script excites me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin