Saturday, May 17, 2008

‘People say I came out on a wave’

Harman Baweja’s first song promo for Love Story 2050, starts today. According to him, Mila Naa Milo is one of the most expensive dance numbers ever shot.

A brief chat with Harman:

Apparently, the song, Mila Naa Milo cost over 6 crore?
Yes, it must have but it only makes me nervous so I never get into the details. After all, it has been filmed on me so there’s too much of a responsibility to live up to the scale of the song and justify it. It’s expensive because it was shot on a massive set and we had a ceiling across the whole set and we had
dancing groups from Malaysia and England.

How comfortable are you with dancing?
People say that when I came into this world, I must have come out doing a ‘wave’! Ha ha ha! I love dancing more than the training aspect. It’s the love for dancing. My favourite dancers are Michael Jackson and Prabhu Deva. I think he’s an inspiration to every dancer. It’s my dream to be choreographed by Prabhu Deva one day.

Who styled your look?
Anaita Shroff and for the rest of the film it’s Thia. I think it was a challenge to get the look right for a futuristic club song something which Anaita did spectacularly well. The only thing Anaita told me was to leave my jacket open thereby giving me barely a week to prepare on my body, but I guess the styling worked in giving it an extra edge.

How long did the song take to be shot?
Remo choreographed the song. He heard the concept and the scale we were giving it and took a month off from all assignments just to do preparatory work for the song. We took about 11 days to shoot the song but there was never a moment of hurry on the sets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin