Friday, May 2, 2008

‘I can’t take my eyes off the baby’

Hrithik Roshan has never been happier. “It feels wonderful,” he says. “I never thought fatherhood, the second time around, would be so special and exhilarating. I can’t take my eyes off the baby. He’s so beautiful!”

Yesterday at 11.27 am, his wife Sussanne delivered a baby boy at Lilavati Hospital. The couple’s first-born, Hrehaan, is two years old.

The newborn weighs 3.3 kg and Hrithik was by Sussanne’s side during the delivery which was done by Dr Kiran Coelho.

Any disappointment that the second child wasn’t a girl — as Hrithik wanted?

“I did want a girl this time to complete the family picture. But the minute I saw my baby’s face I was as content as I could be. In fact, he has already had his first photo-session! The entire family (of about 35 people) except dad, is here. So we gathered around the baby and the photographer went click-click. He seemed to really enjoy it,” Hrithik chuckles happily.

“All of us are at the hospital. Only dad is missing. He’s in Santa Fe, USA, hunting locations for our next production, Kites. But we just emailed him a picture of the baby.”

And what’s the baby going to be called? “Right now, we haven’t thought of a name. We’re just so happy to see him healthy and happy. Sussanne will be home in a day or two.”

Subash K. Jha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin