Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Rakhi's paisa hazam!

The producers of Love Khichdi paid Rakhi Sawant Rs 50,000 to play a maidservant, the item girl says the money was unpaid dues for Paisa Vasool

B-Town item girl Rakhi Sawant recently expressed a desire to also do full-fledged movie roles. But when the producers of Love Khichdi approached her for a role, she agreed at first and even accepted a Rs 50,000 signing amount. Later, she turned it down, then dodged the producer’s calls and is now even refusing to return the money.

Rakhi says she does not remember signing the film. “I don’t know anything about the film. Who is the producer? Who is the director? Maine kissi se paise nahin liye hai.”

Says Satish Sharma, the film’s executive producer, “We had approached her and she agreed to do the role of a maidservant. We even signed her on the spot and gave her a signing amount. Then she just disappeared and stopped taking calls from anyone of the production team and even the director.

She has still not been answering our calls. We are now planning to approach the producers’ association and send her a notice. I’ve made four films and have never seen such unprofessional behaviour.”

The film’s director Shrinivas Bhashyam also shares his experience. “I did go to meet Rakhi for a role in my new film. She had loved the script and I remember she said, ‘Who else could play the role of a maidservant better than me?’ I don’t know how much money was spoken about.

Days before the shoot, she stopped taking our phone calls. I even called her a day before the shoot and someone picked answered the call and said it wasn’t Rakhi’s number.

It’s surprising because Paisa Vasool, my debut, had Rakhi doing a proper talkie portion sans the item numbers she is now famous for. I am glad I went back to my original choice Sonali Kulkarni for the role. She has done an amazing job. I am glad that Rakhi didn’t do it. It was a blessing in disguise.”

We called Rakhi again with the facts and this time she strangely remembered everything. “They are using my name for publicity. Their film with Randeep Hooda is complete and they want free publicity.

I have worked with Shrinivas before in Paisa Vasool and the money he gave me was unpaid dues for that earlier movie. Why should I do the role of a maidservant? I am a glamorous girl. Bai-vai ke role mujhe nahin karne hain.”

Amul Sharma

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin