Monday, April 7, 2008

Me and Pearl



Pearl.. a one year old baby proved to be my nemesis in U, Me aur Hum. She was essential for the shoot as I am shown as a mother during the course of the film.

Now I get along with all children. Being a mother, I can relate well to children and they in turn, like me. But when it mattered most, I was unable to win the love of this child.

As luck would have it...Pearl, the one year old baby took an instant dislike to me. Everytime I would take her in my arms, the little tyke would start howling. And to make matters worse, the scene required the baby to look lovingly up at me.

To get that perfect shot, Jay and our team had to toil very hard. The cameras would be kept rolling and the mother would very slowly put Pearl in my arms. Now Pearl loved chocolate. So now the mother and the chocolate were conveniently placed next to the camera so that Pearl could look up lovingly towards the camera.

I am serious. That scene took ages to shoot. There would be pin drop silence on the set. Thank God for chocolates. If Pearl had not loved chocolates, we would have still been shooting for that one scene.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin