Saturday, April 5, 2008

Kajol: I haven’t signed Karan’s movie

“Life is treating me well. I’m a bit stressed out, but otherwise, I am fine,” says Kajol, who has been busy with the promotions of her soon-to-be-released home production, U Me Aur Hum.

“It is a romantic, positive movie. We have tried to make a positive movie and it also says that man always creates his own problems,” she explains.

Kajol plays the role of a waitress in this film. “Pia is very naughty. She has a good sense of humour and is a normal girl. The most special thing about her is that she is absolutely normal and I think that also made it harder to play her character.”

It was surprising to know that Ajay, who really loves to dance (doesn’t he?), made himself dance in his movie. “Oh yes, we know how much Ajay loves to dance. We had to practice a lot because we were doing salsa. Though I must confess that it was a little scary on the cruise. Every time he would turn me around, I would keep wondering where I’m going to land-up. But it was fun.”

The two have been married for nine years now and for Kajol, life has changed quite a bit. “Gradually, I think, my life has changed for the better. We have had a baby, we have gone through a lot together... but there are no complaints,” she smiles.

The one very obvious thing that changed after her marriage was the number of movies she chose to do. Since marriage, Kajol has done only three films. “I would rather do one movie in two years than do four trashy films together,” she says.

Kajol will soon be working on her first animation movie, Toonpur Ka Superhero. On the other hand, Karan Johar has been going around town talking about his movie I Am Khan, which stars Kajol and SRK. “I have been approached for this movie by Karan, but I haven’t signed it yet. The script is not ready as yet and I am waiting for a narration. Only then can I decide,” she says.

Another movie that Ajay and Kajol were supposed to do together was Raj Kumar Santoshi’s Ramayan. “Well, that has been delayed because Rajji is still working on it. But that will also happen soon,” she explains.
Kajol’s plans for the future? “I can only talk about tomorrow. I am not the kind who plans for years ahead,” she says. And guess what has been her last bizarre incident? “Giving all these interviews. Bizarre for sure!” she concludes with a laugh.

Mandvi Sharma, TNN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin