Sunday, April 27, 2008

I have a new love...

... and his name is Boo,’ says Priyanka Chopra about her cuddly genius


Priyanka Chopra, currently shooting in Miami for Karan Johar’s romantic comedy Dostana, can’t stop raving about the new love of her life.

“No, his name isn’t Harman. It’s Boo, a pet robot teddy-bear, who accompanies me everywhere in Love Story 2050. He’s all pink and the cutest creature on earth.

“I was aware of Boo from the time he was conceived. It was Harman Baweja’s sister Rowena who thought of Boo. I don’t think it would have happened without her. I’ve watched Boo acquire a life right in front of me. So it’s quite an exciting processs,” she says.

So attached has Priyanka become to Boo that she wants to carry him home after the shooting. And the Bawejas, who’ve watched Priyanka stand by their project from the time Kareena Kapoor opted out, would be only too happy to let Priyanka have her way.

“This is one film that’s filled with gadgets and electronic toys. But Boo is special, because he’s mine. Love Story 2050 is my second hi-tech film after Krrish. And I’m doing one more in Drona. But Love Story 2050 is special because I’m doing my career’s first double role with two different looks for the two halves set in different periods. Boo is part of my futuristic look. I feel this film carries sci-fi in India to another level,” says Priyanka.

Interestingly, Love Story 2050 will be followed by another FX-motivated adventure saga, Shankar’s Robot.
Priyanka had been signed for it when it was a different set-up with Shah Rukh Khan in the lead.
“When FX turned a corner with Krrish, I was a part of it. Now, when it somersaults with Love Story 2050 and Drona, I’m a part of both. I am proud to be in these projects.”

For the time being, she is enjoying herself in Miami with her co-stars.

“I’ve worked with Abhishek (Bachchan) and John (Abraham) before, but never like this. Their bonding is infectious. Dostana is one big party. Karan Johar is also here.”

Aishwarya Rai-Bachchan also joined the gang in Miami for a short period. Priyanka, meanwhile, is all praise for director Tarun Mansukhani. “The director is new, but his wit sparkles. He’s written an urbane, tongue-in-cheek comedy.”

So has she changed her mind about wearing a bikini? “Producer Karan Johar hasn’t asked me to wear a bikini. And I wouldn’t be comfortable in one. But this is a beach movie. So it’s only natural that I get into beach-wear. And I don’t mind that because everyone else will be wearing even tinier clothes.”

Subash K. Jha

1 Comments:

ashi.kacheria 11:04 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin