Thursday, December 6, 2007

Amrita Rao is 'not' doing an item number

While Bollywood actresses are going ravishing to raunchy, Amrita Rao has been an exception. She has always maintained this ‘girl-next-door’ image ever since her first film. Her homely image only got amplified with Sooraj Barjatya’s Vivah which went on to become a big hit and gave Amrita a simple-sober stamp.

So it came as quite a surprise to us when a leading daily reported that Amrita Rao is all set to change her image and turn sexy with her next film My Name Is Anthony Gonsalves where she performs a hot and happening item number. But much to her surprise, Amrita denied the news saying, “There is a misunderstanding over here. There is an item number in the film but I do not feature in it. It’s done by Hrishita Bhatt”.

So then what is she dancing to? “I just have a dance number. The song is the only romantic song in the entire film. It has been shot in Goa and is choreographed by Bosco and Ceaser. They have given the song a new look and have given us scope to experiment. It’s a groovy number where you can throw loads of attitude to the camera. The romantic song is a dream sequence and is one of my best romantic songs ever”

So is that entire buzz on Amrita Rao attempting to change the girl-next-door image from Vivah false? Amrita retorts, “I haven’t tried to defy any image, especially the one in Vivah . My image in Vivah has helped me find a place amongst the masses which I don’t want to destroy’.

The petite actress goes on to add, “I believe I have always had distinct looks in my films. May it be Vivah or Main Hoon Na or even Masti. I have always managed to surprise the audience”.

But does her role in MNIAG have glamourous shades to it? “Not at all! In fact it’s a complete non glamorous role. I play an assistant director in the film and they don’t have the time to dress up”.

Indiatimes Movies

2 Comments:

Anonymous 9:10 PM  

good for Amrita!

Anonymous 9:10 PM  

good for Amrita!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin