Thursday, November 8, 2007

“Saawariya is a good film not coz of Sonam!”

Saawariya is all set to release and much pen and paper has been consumed in writing about Raj Kapoor’s khandaan and how his great grand son Ranbir has carried forward his family’s filmy legacy.

However this film is also special for the other Kapoors! Sonam Kapoor, daughter of actor Anil Kapoor debuts in this Bhansali’s magnum opus and the entire family is anxiously awaiting her film’s release.

We caught up with Arjun Kapoor, son of Sonam’s film producer uncle Boney Kapoor to know what has been happening in the Kapoor household as the release date of Saawariya nears...

“Our family is excited and looking forward to seeing the film at its premiere. One more member of our family is entering films and it’s a great feeling”, says the budding filmmaker.

So how does Arjun feel about his younger sister’s potential as an actor? “I feel Saawariya will do well not just because Sonam is in it but because the film itself is good. I am sure Sonam has done a fantastic job. We’ve grown up together and both of us have been assisting renowned directors since we were in our early teens! She has worked hard for this film and I am sure her efforts won’t go unnoticed.”

So has Arjun seen the film, we wonder. “No, I haven’t seen the film but will see it with family soon at the premiere. I have seen few portions though.”

Also will he cast Sonam in his first film as a director? “Let’s see. I am just scripting for my film, which I intend to direct as well. I haven’t thought about casting as yet. Salman Khan is a close friend and Sonam is family but that doesn’t mean I have already signed them, as many seem to believe. Let’s see how the script shapes up. The film is an action thriller which will be produced by my dad Boney Kapoor.”

Won’t he too like to act like Sonam? “No I’ve always wanted to be a director. Since the age of 16 I have been assisting. I have assisted Nikhil Advani for Kal Ho Naa Ho and Salaam-E-Ishq . I have also assisted for No Entry ”, he concludes.

Renuka Vyavahare, Indiatimes Movies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin