Monday, November 5, 2007

Priyanka into martial arts

Priyanka is thrilled to play Abhishek’s bodyguard in ‘Drona’.

She’s just back from Namibia after wrapping up a schedule for Drona and Priyanka Chopra is already set to go back to South Africa. “We have another month-long schedule and it’ll be action-packed and good fun. Especially since my co-star Abhishek is such a prankster,” she says.

Drona, a film that involves a lot of martial arts, will see Priyanka engage in some hard-core stunts. But it isn’t the first time she’s indulged in action since she’s previously done some heavy-duty scenes in Don. “But in Drona, I play Abhishek’s bodyguard and had to train in the Sikh martial art form using kirpans and chakkars. It was a bit difficult and required a lot of flexibility but the experience was great,” says the actress.
So what’s her opinion on the portrayal of supergals in Indian films — there are quite a few who’re signing action films right now. “The script really matters for one to be called a supergirl in Indian films; as an actor you can play a superman too. But is the script really defining it or is it just your image of being a superhero that’s taking it forward? It really depends,” she explains.

And since most flicks these days are multi-starrers, is she okay acting in them or does she prefer solo flicks? “Depends on the script entirely. The look, the feel and the way the movie is presented is very important. I don’t mind multi-starrers,” she says.

The 24-year-old is also doing a lot of brand endorsements now. What took her so long to do them? “I didn’t want to do ads before. This is my fourth year in this industry and four years seems like a long time because I have done so many films in this time. I didn’t want to do ads before because I wanted to establish myself in a certain position so I could do the kind of ads that I wanted. I didn’t want to just endorse just any product,” says Priyanka. She adds, “I’m very particular about everything I do, whether it’s the brands that I pick, the films I do or the company I keep.”
And what about her upcoming film Love Story 2050 with Harman Baweja? How was it working with him? “It’s releasing in April 2008. It was great fun working with Harman; he has great energy in him,” she says.

TNN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin