Sunday, November 18, 2007

"I love SRK and have great respect" - Bhansali

Sanjay Leela Bhansali believes the tide is turning towards his much-hyped film. CT asked the film-maker a few pointed
questions. Like...

Is there always much expectation riding on your films?
I don’t want to believe this and get bogged down. I don’t believe that I am bigger than my product. If I have made experimental films, then I have given good entertaining films as well. I don’t want to be predictable.

What’s negative about Saawariya?
It defeats all logic to say Saawariya is a bad film just because some critics didn’t appreciate it. But slowly, I can see people are going to the theatres and appreciating different aspects of the film. It’s a positive change. The wave has begun.

And what’s positive about it?
That I made a film with two absolute newcomers and released it with a film that has the country’s reigning
superstar, Shah Rukh Khan.

If you could, would you change anything in Saawariya ?
No, it’s the most elegant and best work of my life. I am living in the hope that the audience will understand that there is an approach which goes beyond the typical potboiler in film-making.

You’ve taken potshots at Om Shanti Om and Shah Rukh Khan because things haven’t gone right for you?
I love SRK and have great respect, admiration and regard for him. He has the same for me. My larger point is, why compare a tennis match to a 100 metre race?

TNN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin