Thursday, October 5, 2006

Madhuri Dixit is coming back in Bollywood

Former leading lady Madhuri Dixit is planning a Bollywood comeback, the actress said in a newspaper interview, but she gave no details of her plans.

Madhuri said that she would play a role in a new film to be produced by her business manager, Rikku Rakeshnath.

One of Bollywood's most sought-after stars in the 1990s, Madhuri stopped taking roles after her marriage to a US-based surgeon in 1999.

The 39-year-old actress's last hit movie, released in 2002, was Devdas, in which she played the role of Chandramukhi.

"If I'm going to be away from my family for my film, it better be worthwhile," Madhuri said.

Meanwhile, Rakeshnath said he would start work on the film soon.

"It was on Madhuri's insistence that I decided to start my own production house. Madhuri will be acting in one of the films I plan to start shortly," he said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin