Saturday, October 21, 2006

Karisma is a big star and I need her to promote the film

Filmmaker S Ramanathan is looking for the actress. But she seems determined not to be found

After eight years, filmmaker S Ramanathan’s (Bombay to Goa and Mahaan) film Zamanath starring Amitabh Bachchan, Arshad Warsi and Karisma Kapoor is finally ready for release.

But just when he thought his problems had come to an end with the impending release, he finds he has a different predicament ahead now. While Bachchan and Warsi have co-operated in promoting the film, Karisma has been evasive, which has been a source of grief for Ramanathan.

This comes as a surprise, because Karisma has been known for her professionalism. However Ramanathan says, "I think she has some reservations about the film. I have already made several calls to her secretary informing him that she is free to see the film and give media interviews as per her convenience. But she has been avoiding me. Maybe, she is busy with something else.” But, as a filmmaker why does he not make direct contact with her? "She prefers her secretary to talk to me on her behalf. She is not taking my calls. I don't know how to get in touch with her. I called her several times, on her Mumbai and Delhi numbers, but she never answered any of my calls. I don't know how to get in touch with her,” he says sounding distressed.

Meanwhile, Karisma's secretary, Zahid has been equally evasive with Ramanathan. "He is yet to get back to me. Karisma is a big star and I need her to promote the film. I am not denying that the film has been delayed but it goes very well with the story as there is an 18-year-gap in the film," he says.

When contacted Zahid evaded commenting on the issue and said, "Karisma is in Delhi now and we will get a clear picture of her plans once she returns to Mumbai."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin