Wednesday, October 4, 2006

John's new diet - cola

John Abraham can sometimes talk straight. The man who is normally very
reticent sometimes can talk well when provoked. And that's what happened when the actor turned up to promote Diet Pepsi, the soft drink that he's now endorsing. After India's Health Minister Anbumani Ramadoss appealed to Shah Rukh Khan and Aishwarya Rai to stop endorsing Colas and come and meet him regarding the same, the stars are at war with the ministry as it impacts a huge amount of revenue for them.
Abraham was vehement in his criticism of the appeal. "I know there
must have been something that must have prompted the minister from
saying so. But I think that the politicians should stop telling us such things. We know what is good and what is not good. We at any time do not come and advise them on what their code of conduct should be and what they should be doing and what they should refrain from. I certainly respect their appeal, but would not like to go into too much detail till a decision is reached," says John.

John is also of the opinion that children are vulnerable. "I do not feel guilty endorsing Pepsi because these colas do not get endorsed on a children's channel. I don't think that children's channels should carry cola advertisements too. I am endorsing a children's channel Hungama myself, which has chosen me as their brand ambassador as I represent their interests. I have been chosen by children through a poll as their ambassador and I want children to be healthy as well," he adds.

John also has some piece of advice for everyone. "But if a decision is taken not to consume colas or promote it. I will abide by it. I want you also to abide by it," he says. As for the invitation given to Shah Rukh and Ash, John says "they should first react to it. I cannot say anything about it, till the time they decide to react. I just feel that whatever is good in the interests of people should be adhered to," he says.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin