Saturday, October 14, 2006

I loved all the action and being the tough chick : Priyanka

Mumbai: It's no mean task stepping into a role for a film that became a cult classic, yet Priyanka Chopra donned the role of Zeenat Aman in Don.


Varsha Pillai: Ready to step into Zeenat Aman’s shoes is Priyanka Chopra in the much-awaited film Don. Is Don too tall an order to step into Zeenat Aman’s shoes?


Priyanka Chopra: Definitely. She was fantastic in the film. It was a cult classic and everybody loved her in that film. And it’s too much for me to aim at. I cannot do that. So I decided not to aim for it and try and play Roma’s character. In any way I can play it differently within the parameters of Don. I tried that and I don’t know how far I am successful, I think people will tell me that. I tried to play it differently from what she had done. But she will always be the ultimate Roma.


Varsha Pillai: You have stretched your limit; you have too many stands in this film. Have you enjoyed doing those - something new for you this time?


Priyanka Chopra: I loved it. I loved all the action and being the tough chick. It was a great fun.


Varsha Pillai: You reckon this whole concept of remaking films is it because of the fact that there are no original scriptwriters anymore in Bollywood?


Priyanka Chopra: No, I don’t think so. I thing there are so many people I know in my generation who have not seen the old Don - who say ‘That’s a old film’. So for Don lovers and for Don fans - they can’t discuss the film anymore because people haven’t seen it, so from our side it is a presentation to the generation of today a film which was appreciated by the generation before us so much that it has become a classic. And I hope this will happen to this Don as well.


Varsha Pillai: Thank you so much for talking to us. All the best.
Priyanka Chopra: Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin