Monday, October 16, 2006

I have done all the stunts myself, Priyanka

In Farhan Akhtar's ‘Don', actress Priyanka Chopra has played a martial arts expert and has done all the stunts herself. “No body double has been used. I have done all the stunts myself. ‘Don' will show me in a completely new avatar,” told Priyanka in a recent interview.
As per source, sultry Priyanka has done some great stunts in the film. And she went through intensive training for nearly six months for this purpose. “I've never been so physically involved in a role. I had to execute really high kicks,” she told with a ravish grin on her face.
Priyanka is playing the role; originally Zeenat Aman had played it opposite Amitabh Bachchan. Was it difficult to portray Zeenat Aman's character in ‘Don'? “That was never my objective. I would never want to imitate Roma the way Zeenatji did it. People would start comparing us and I would fall short of expectations! (Smiles) I was conscious all through that I had to essay the character of Roma in my own look, way and style. The Roma of the earlier 'Don' is different from the Roma of the contemporary one,” said Priyanka.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin