Thursday, October 5, 2006

Aamir avoiding ‘Rang De Basanti’s Oscar campaign?

A amir Khan's ‘Rang De Basanti' has been nominated as India 's official entry for the highest honor in film, Oscars. But actor Aamir Khan will not go to the Oscars. Aamir admits that he is not a producer or the director of the film. But he will obviously pray for the film. According to Aamir just producer and director will go to the Oscars. ”I am just an actor,” says Aamir. Previously Aamir's ‘Lagaan' won Oscar nomination and also got well appreciation there but failed to win the Oscars. It's well known, last time Aamir used every means to win Oscar for ‘Lagaan', but this time he even doesn't want to get involved in the ‘Rang De Basanti's Oscar mission, which raised eyebrows of many. However on asked Aamir denied the rumour. “Whether it was ‘Lagaan' or ‘Rang De Basanti', I do hope that my film does get nominated first and then goes on to win the award. I shall try my best to ensure that I can help the producers in every way possible. My only grouse is that I shall be shooting elsewhere and will not be able to be physically present for the promotion,” says Aamir.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin